The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 386 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is a lovely devotion. I like how you started with a real story that many people can relate to.

I'd urge you to read it aloud (or better yet ask someone else). If you stumble on any line, it might need some revamping. For example. I had to reread this sentence several times: The Lord was speaking and comforting His disciples and believers in the years to follow the Lord's return to Heaven.
An easy fix might be something like this: Although the Lord was speaking to his disciples, he also intended to comfort all believers before His return
Darn. I accidentally hit submit. So it might go like this: Although the Lord was speaking to His disciples, He also wanted to comfort believers while they waited for His return. (It's not perfect,but I hope it shows you what I mean.)
Another concern I have is I'm not sure if this is on topic. While Jesus often spoke in parables,the verses you selected are pretty straightforward.

I think I understand where you were going with the topic. So many people want a straight answer in regard to the afterlife. You definitely showed the reader the way to get there is through Jesus. I can feel your passion in your words, and it's a contagious feeling--spreading right to the reader's heart.