The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 924 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Very moving and realistic (but not overly preachy) reminder that we need to "get a move on" because there's so much to be done. This encouraged me to be more faithful in witnessing and service. Thank you.
03/17/11
What a good reminder you wrote of keeping our eyes on what is truly important. This is a great devotional piece, without being too ponderous - I like your "voice."
"Timely" piece & I agree, great devotional without being preachy. It feels like it could be something shared over a cup of coffee. Thank you for taking the time to write it!
03/19/11
Well written devotional. I'm glad you pointed out the need to be an organ donor.
03/20/11
The mood of this piece feels urgent, as it should. It precisely spells out where priorities should lie. Hopefully your message will echo in each reader's life, today, tomorrow and always.
03/22/11
Thank you for earthing your grief over the incomprehensible destruction that Japan has experienced. (Closer to here New Zealand has also had its second-largest city rocked by an earthquake, while Haiti and Indonesia are still recovering from another quake and a tsunami.)
Then the grief hits your own home town and church, where there's a face on your feeling. I appreciate your positive invitation at the close, rather than another doom-laden warning that us preachers too often throw in.
What a perfect message. We are so blessed to be where we are and to know where we will be after death. It's important to let as many people as possible to have that knowledge too. Thiswas well-written and the last line perfect
Congratulations for placing 7th in your level and 12th overall!