The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1276 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Great descriptions and "Phew moment".
02/20/10
You've captured that indefinable quality of hope and uncertainty that I've also seen in couples' eyes - and what a joy it is to bring them together in God's anointing. Bless you.
I love the description present here. I have been reading a book by Eric and Leslie Ludy today called, 'When God Writes Your Love Story.'
This has been a great way to continue such romantic, purposeful reading. Full of lively descriptions and reverance.
02/20/10
Good job!
02/21/10
Your opening brought to mind Tennyson's poem: Their's not to make reply / Their's not to reason why / Their's but to do and die / Into the valley of Death / Rode the six hundred.
I'm glad to say that the tone changed soon after!
02/23/10
Interesting point of view for a wedding. I liked the line "Oh, a couple of the fellows have weakened at the knees and swooned in the air of the holy altar"
That is classic!
Good job!
A great perspective to write from. I imagine you could write a book that many would find fascinating, and some, helpful. Well done.
02/23/10
Fantastic voice! What a great perspective. I really loved this piece...
02/23/10
Lovely take on the wedding day jitters. Enjoyed reading your work.
02/23/10
"The deeper the love, the more serious the reverence." I love that expression...this is a well-written and thought provoking piece. Thank you for sharing and the "phew" moment certainly it the topic squarely on the head!
Glad to hear they have all survived ;-). I liked your description of how the deeper the love, the more they realized the seriousness of the committment.
Nice job and an unique POV. I've often wondered what the minister is thinking during weddings.
02/23/10
Beautiful, tender, gentle and even humorous (having to revive a couple swooners). It wouldn't even hurt to slip this story into one of the pre-marital counseling sessions to reinforce the degree of comittment and love. Well done.
02/23/10
Very good! It's been too long to remember my wedding jitters, but I do remember my son's. The commitment of marriage is something we all need to remember.
02/24/10
As one who has been "involved" in many weddings (behind the "resting organ," or piano, or keyboard), I enjoyed your behind-the-scenes look at the tuxedo-ed member of the wedding party. This is perfect for the topic and made me smile!
02/24/10
I thought I had commented on this earlier in the week, but I'm so glad I checked again. Loved this - such a creative angle on the topic. The pacing and voice were equally natural and smooth. Great work!
Here I thought it was only the bride who worried and fretted over the big moment. This was fun to read and from a perspective not often heard. A couple of typos toward the end but some very lovely phrases, too: the thought of the groom trying to make his neck and the tie befriend each other, the ladies in waiting floating down the aisle. I enjoyed this.