The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 974 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/13/07
I liked your story and your transition into Jim witnessing to Felix. (I'm curious, was Felix's name chosen for a reason?) Nice writing!
11/14/07
What a good lead into witnessing! I was a little distracted by their constant use of eachother's names but you captured how it is for first time flyers. Good job!! :-)
11/14/07
I really liked the heart of your story. The title was catchy too. I also hate to fly so I could really identify with your main character. I've been to Dothan many times, you do the city proud. God bless.
11/14/07
Fine writing and believable dialogue had me reading this entry straight through. I like the characters and I'd like to know what happens to Jim on his first missionary journey.
11/14/07
This is great! Funny story about this. I was sitting on a flight a few weeks ago, and I prayed before I went on: "Lord, I don't want to be selfish this time. Please let me be fully available to You with the people sitting next to me today." So here I am, all ready to talk about Him, a lady sits down, smiles at me. I say "hello," and she said "Hola." That is the only word I understood from her the whole flight, except for "Coca-Cola." Too bad I didn't know enough Spanish to be able to hear her say "Yes, Jesus."

Great story!
A seat mate to "practice" on. I like that idea. This was a good read. Very nicely done.
11/14/07
I liked the first part of this very much--you made the characters quite real.

The little epilog fizzled a bit, perhaps because you slipped into "Christianese." Find a new way to say it, perhaps, and you'll sustain the same high level of writing as the rest of the story.
I loved the name of Felix. It gave a mysterious sort of air to this plane stranger. I liked the transition between Jim's fear of flying and grief from having just buried his father. Wow. What a great story.
I enjoyed this story. Just wondering, since it was his first plane flight, why was the title Second Flight....I may be dense, so excuse me if I am missing the point here.