The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 855 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
The tension was palatable. Well done.
01/12/12
I must have misread the beginning sentence. I thought this was going to be a list of dialog we all use to talk ourselves out of what we promise, then advice on how to get out of our ruts.

Then getting into the story I backtracked and it made more sense. Intense scene imagery.
01/13/12
I think this is a clever piece of writing. it's only at the end that we find out that Gert wasn't the wife. Reakky well done.
01/13/12
Very intense! Good job!
01/13/12
Beautiful job! Great suspense! Surprise ending!
Gripping story with a twist. Excellent!
01/13/12
Oh I really liked this one! Nice story telling. It held my attention throughout. I really enjoyed it- nice surprise at the end!

God Bless~
01/14/12
This was a great story! Nice job.
01/16/12
Loved the title! Excellent treatment of the topic.
Did it start well? Your opening sentence caught my attention. In my opinion, I prefer "Stan" rather than "the man". You did a great job of drawing me into the story. Great action and authentic dialogue.

Overall your story was well-crafted, and I loved the clever irony of the last sentence.
01/16/12
A very subtle message that sin is never hidden from the Lord's eyes! Sometimes people perish because of their sin, and others are given a second chance to turn away from sin...Oh how sweet is the never changing grace we receive from the Lord! Very Nice!
01/18/12
This man needs to concentrate on getting well, basking in the love of his wife. Then, as soon as he is able, he needs go to that meeting place with a metal detector and search until he finds the symbol of his commitment to his wife, praying all along that she won't discover it missing before then. Well done!
This is really good. You did an excellent job approaching the topic in a different way.

I thought Gert was his wife at first. I liked the twist. I wonder if you had put the possible answers he was mulling over in italics if it would have flowed better.

The ending was outstanding! I loved that twist and the open ending.
nit-picky red ink: okay should be written out or both letters capitalized :) Great story!
01/19/12
Congratulations on your ribbon. Nice job.
God bless~
01/19/12
Great story, Congratulations on your well deserved win!