The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 874 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/12/12
This story was beautifully written. I cried all the way through it because my mother died of Alzheimers last year just a month after their 67th anniversary. My favorite memory of that time is a photo I have of them snuggled together at the anniversary celebration we had.
01/12/12
Very touching story. My eyes are teared up. Regardless if reading a story, watching a movie, etc., if it moves me to tears (what I call my Water Works method), it is good. Well done.
01/13/12
Really good story. I loved it.
01/13/12
Precious story and very well written. Good luck!
01/13/12
Beautifully written and certainly will touch many hearts. My Mom and my sister both had Alzheimer's and both of them were so sweet in their illness.
01/13/12
A brilliant story that touched my heart and soul. Beautifully written, and my eyes were brimming over with tears.

I worked with this population in Nursing Homes, and I used to delight and cry with the families through the years.

My heart goes out to those who experience this "first hand."

I loved this sweet story, beautiful, just beautiful.

God Bless you~
Your characters are easy to identify with and the story was easy to ease into.

Not only was there commited love from their wedding vows, but they struggled and loved each other through infertility as well. Not many people make it through infertility.

I loved this submission. You are able to bring many peices of life together without being too wordy.
Outstanding! Even though the title suggested where the story was going, it was so well written as to not disappoint. Well done.
01/16/12
A beautiful story which makes the reader try to skip to the end! But one has to read it all to get the fullest impact. Nicely done!
01/17/12
Beautiful, lovely, well-told story.
This is really sweet and drew me in right away. There have been several stories about staying in a marriage if one person is sick, esp. with Alzheimer's. You had a small typo fare instead of fair. The ending was great and made me smile. You definitely covered the topic.
01/19/12
Oh Congratulations on a well deserved first place! I loved this - so glad you received a ribbon!
God Bless~
01/19/12
This is an amazing story and well deserved of the 1st place award. It is so moving and flows so easily as you read it. And the message is one our modern culture so vitally needs. Awesome job!
01/19/12
Thanks you all for your encouraging words! This was my second attempt at writing a fictional story - it was fun and challenging and I'm blown away by the 1st place
01/19/12
Congratulations on a well deserved first place win! Dealing now with my dad and his dementia, the truth and heartache of this masterfully written story hits home! I see how painful it is for my mother to watch my dad deteriorate, yet she refuses to put him in a nursing home and hangs on to all she can.
01/25/12
Kristi, I'm going to feature this story on the Front Page Showcase of this site for the week of February 20. Look for it on the FaithWriters home page--and congratulations!