The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1134 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/14/11
I loved this story! Very simple and yet very powerful, too. I will certainly remember this if (when!) I am becoming a "Jemima Grump" :-)
That's an interesting piece. The message is simple yet powerful
What a lovely story. I have a bubbly personality and I laugh, smle and say hello to strangers and they respond in kind. I loved how you bought Ms Grump and Miss Sunshine together. Thanks for sharing.
04/16/11
Gorgeously well done. I'd love to see this story illustrated, and to read it to my niece and nephew!
I love this delightful children's story-I could easily picture the pictures that would go with each scene. Although normally repeating the word over and over is distracting. But for a picture book it is perfect as it brings the Child into the story and she can help "read " along. Nice job.
It made me smile and think of our cat, Saulite. Her name means 'Little Sunshine' in Latvian. Simply and clearly told a great candidate for an illustrated book. Loved the number symbolism.
04/20/11
Lovely! I'll remember this one in the "grumpy" moments.
04/20/11
You did a super job with this children's story with, I might add, an message for adults as well. I could see this turning into a Seuss type publication...Jemima Grump thumped to her red car got in,and sat on her rump ... rump Maybe not:-0 You illustrated in no uncertian terms what a simple smile can do. Thanks!
04/22/11
Beautifully descriptive style that carries a great sense of fun and suspense. It has all the hallmarks of a children's series - a "Miss" Men (?) - unless Roger Hargreaves "Suess" you for muscling in on his territory. Very enjoyable read.
Congratulations for placing 7th in level two!