The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 403 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
The ending really surprised me. You held my attention the whole way through. I thought maybe she was meeting her husband after he was at war. Nice job

Remember to write outnumbers under ten and numbers that start a sentence should be written out.

Again great job with building suspense and including an important message.
This held my attention from beginning to end but the ending caught me off guard. I was looking for a happy ending. Good job. Keep writing.
02/06/11
dramatic writing and you built the suspense but left some unanswered questions. I would have liked to know why she was saying she was going to the airport when in fact it was the hospital and why she said she would eat the cinamon roll with her husband otherwise the piece was beautifully written.
02/06/11
Thanks for your comments.
The story is about 2 different women - one wanting the time to go fast to see someone she hadn't seen for 18 months and the other wanted time to slow down because she was saying goodbye to someone she loved.
Thanks for taking the time to share.
02/07/11
I thought this was about two people. Glad I picked up on that. It could have been clearer, but all in all, this is a nice entry. Thanks for sharing.
02/09/11
Very nice writing. I might suggest using a line of *'s to separate scenes. Loved the contrast between the two lives caught in an emotional 24-hour period. Great job.