The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 412 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Very well written.

Unique object lesson should be a lesson to us in the church.

Jesus is driving the church toward heaven. Do we argue with Jesus about anything? We all lose out in the end.

I liked your story.
08/17/14
Your memory of your youth are amazing as you describe the tiniest details of that night. Well written, and on topic, well done.

God bless~
08/17/14
I enjoyed your story and the message behind it. Christ being the one in charge is something we as believers need to be reminded of time and time again.

It was also a great guide to a young parent such as me, mom and dad need to support each other in their decisions and moments of discipline.

This last bit is just something that struck me odd as reading was the bit about your sister. (Please take this as a writing critique and not a knock) I think there needs to be more of an explanation of how her death to achieve the effect i think you intended for it to have on the story. But that is just my opinion.
08/17/14
It is hard for those that do not have seven children to understand the need for consistency and hard taught lessons. I bet the next time they went for ice cream there was not challenge of the kind.

Excellent job. You brought memories of our seven children riding in our old Ford station wagon, no seat belts either.

One time a policeman stopped me for being all over road. After being kind enough to ask if there was something wrong with my steering wheel, or tires, he looked in the back and smiled. He let me go!

Fun memories that you were able to bring out with this great story.
08/21/14
Great devotional...love the scripture reference. Keep writing.
Congratulations on ranking 6th in your level! The highest rankings can be found on the message boards.