The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 529 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Funny, funny, funny and well- written.
08/30/13
This was a well written and entertaining delight.

The ending was classic!

Great job. God bless~
That was country swimming many long years ago. (And sometimes there was a Ned.)

I missed how Charlie got the moss from the lake and how it got into Ned's shoes. I may need to read it slower next time. Disconnects in a story may cause readers to lose interest. Be careful.

Ahhh -- this brings back memories of a remote country pond and the worse sunburn I ever had. Thanks for jogging my memory with a delightful read.
This is a really cute story. Boys can be boys and you really showcased that here. Your characters were delightful and it drew me into the story.

There are a few tiny technical things that might have helped this be an even stronger story. Remember if you someone different speaks, thinks or even does something, you should start a new paragraph. Also you may want to consider putting the thoughts in italics as that will help it stand out. If you're not sure how to format it, check out the FAQ on the forums and there is a section that explains how to do italics, underlining, and things like that.

I think you nailed the topic. Though this sounds terrible, you also may want to consider moving the Bible verse to the end because some people will see a story that starts with Scripture and skip over it. It's a sad reality and I'd hate to have someone miss this delightful story and the powerful message. At first, I thought putting seaweed in his shoes is not a big enough payback for someone stealing clothes, but then I realized how important it is to forgive another. It's a subtle message, but ones kids will pick up easily and be able to relate to it as well as adults. Sometimes a practical joke and payback can turn into something horrible. You did a fine job with this one.

Congratulations for ranking 7th in your level! (The highest rankings can be found on the forums)