The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1235 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is a great example of some of the silly things that can break up a church. I loved your characters.

You have some good spots where you show and a few spots where you tell. Try more showing. For example by changing your first line just a tiny bit you can do more showing: Tim stood before the mirror trembling.

I really enjoyed this and the characters were great. I really felt like I got to know Tim.
Oops sorry I meant Gerald not Tim I knew I should have double checked the many before hurting that submit button!
This certainly speaks to the times we live in. I like the sensitive way you presented this. Well done.
08/11/11
Congratulations on your first place win! This was an insightful piece of writing. It is so true, all that matters is coming together to worship our Lord...Clothes do not, and should not matter!

Nice job! Keep on writing...God Bless you and yours~
08/12/11
Congrats on your win and placing 5th in Editor's Choice! WOW! You must be so excited. :)
08/12/11
Wow, that is a surprise, and very exciting. Thank you everyone.
08/26/11
Hi Lois,

I am so excited for you--both winning 1st place and 5th overall. Congratulations on moving up.

I liked the characters and the way the story ended. It is unfortunate how many churches break up over insignificant issues.