The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 658 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/22/13
Claritin-D - the twist at the end overcame the otherwise predictable conclusion. Thanks for writing.
04/24/13
I know what that feels like! I liked the desperate attempt to force the sneeze. I liked the ending.
04/24/13
I couldn't really buy into the desperation to sneeze, but sticking your head in the fridge? This did make me laugh. I like the way you write but I didn't really get into this particular story. I would be interested in reading something else though - you certainly have the talent.
Delightful!
I did get into the story. I guess, you have had to experience what the MC did in order to know or have a good imagination. I think I have both (haha). Wonderful writing job. I felt empathy for your MC from beginning to end. I had no idea until the MC spied the church what was going to happen despite the title. Maybe praying in the car on the way... OR sneezing during the interview, yet getting the job anyway. I thought going into a church was unique. I don't think even if I had been in that exact situation, the thought would have occurred to me. I liked the internal dialogue of your MC very much. Blessings to you.
Congratulations on ranking 10 in your level and 35 overall!