The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 604 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/12/10
Another unique take on the topic! It reminds me of my teenage years, not in terms of church, but in terms of getting too much of that sort of information in school and how embarrassing it all was. It makes you wish more pastors would teach teens how to fight that information overload.

Only one thing I would add to this piece to make it better understood: What did the MD stand for?
You told a great story. The first line hooked me like a fish and you reeled me in like a master. I loved the nice twist in the end and how you were able to include a few important messages without sound preachy or pompous at all. That takes great skill.

I did smile in the end when you explained VD is now known as STD because the politically correct world is constantly change the PC phrase. Today it is more acceptable to say STI (apparently infection is less offensive than disease) which just reinforces your belief that maybe instead of worrying about being PC we should try to eradicate the need for the term altogether.

The judges are going to have a very tough time this week as your article is also one of my favorites!
I saw Nancy's question after I commented and thought I would attempt to answer. Muscular Dystrophy was the likely disease they were trying to eradicate:)
Congratulations for placing 6th in your level!