The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 825 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/09/09
I have read every one of the entries so far, and yours is the first I've commented on...what a touching story. It brought tears to my eyes as the old gentleman led the young man to Christ. Great job on a story very well done.

Lovely story. Well packaged
Great reminder, no matter the situation, we can be a messenger of the Gospel. I enjoyed the interactions between the two characters.
This story touched my heart and brought a tear to my eyes.
I truly enjoyed reading this. Keep up the good work.
07/11/09
Never too late in life to be a vessel of grace for the Lord! I like the interaction between these two characters...very tender.
Really a beautiful story. Reminded me slightly of that awesome film, Scent of a woman. Well done on excellent writing :)
Congratulations on placing 9th in Level II. Great job!
07/18/09
Hi CJ. I just wanted to leave a quick note to let you know your entry, The Unexpected Summer, actually did very well in the Twilight Years Challenge. Although you didn't receive an award, you made it into the Highest Rankings for Level 2, placing 9th in that Level.

If you'd like to check the highest rankings for yourself, you can find them here:
http://www.faithwriters.com/Boards/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=26236

The highest rankings are posted every Thursday evening on the Message Boards.

Hope to see you at the FaithWriters' Conference in August. It’s going to be an amazing time of inspiration, information and encouragement. (If I’ve already mentioned that to you, forgive me. We’re just so excited about letting members know about this great gathering.)
http://www.faithwriters.com/conference.php

With love, Deb (Challenge Coordinator)