The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 810 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/16/08
How successfully you opposed the tension and the joy. I can just see that gorgeous sister-in-law saying "I will show you everything", which broke all the ice! Beautifully played!
You're a gifted writer. I especially liked this line:
Inhaling sharply, the smelling salts of my life jolted me. I was the unwanted, new daughter." It's such a lovely account of acceptance and embrace overcoming fear. I hope you move up soon to the next level. This is very good.
05/19/08
I've read a lot of the stories this week and this is one of my favorites. It is well-written. You did an excellent job at expressing your fear and concerns. Loved the "My family eats pork." We have a Christian Jewish family at our church and they would have howled over that line.
05/20/08
I could feel the tension and uncertainty and fear and then the wonderful love and acceptance. Very well done! I loved it.
Congratulations on your win. Great job!
05/23/08
Congratulations on your Highly Commended. What a difficult situation to be in. I want to know more of this story. :)
05/24/08
I liked this very much. I agree with the other comment..."the smelling salts of my life" was a brilliant line. Well done.