The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 747 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/12/09
I really appreciate this story, writing from the perspective of Goliath was an excellent idea.

Many of the details are very strong, though some of them seem somewhat more mythical (the physical constraints of embracing and lifting 8 men). There are a couple of places where I think you could have done more with less and might suggest that you write out your numbers (2="two"), but, that said I was completely surrendered to the story and pacing.

Great job, I hope this is successful!
A first person Goliath view. Nice original feel. kept my attention, which is no small achievment on me.

The color purple feels like it might be forced into it. Integral is the word.
11/13/09
I liked the viewpoint of Goliath, yet he was killed, so how can he narrate his death?
I liked the imagery, especially the opening paragraph....the calm before the storm!
11/14/09
I love the metaphor and irony in this piece. "Why would a bear be afraid of a bee?" is wonderful and other imagery you so cleverly use. I am reminded slightly of the epic "Beowulf".
11/16/09
Very nice piece from a unique perspective. You hooked me from start to finish. Good job!!