The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 366 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is a great story. You did a fine job of showing the anguish of the MC. I also liked how the husband tried to step up for his wife. That touched my heart.

The only thing I might encourage you to do would be to show the son's problems. Perhaps start off with the phone ringing in the middle of the night because the police were holding the son for vandalism. That way the reader would picture the conflict right away. (At first I thought the wife might be I'll or have emotional problems.) I do understand since it's a true story, you may jot want to go into the son's problems, I often will take true stories and fictionalize them, changing a few things so the real person won't be hurt.

I totally enjoyed this from beginning to end. My heart aches for the MC. It also made me stop and pray for families struggling with youth (some I named, others God knows who needs the orayers). You did a great job of showing the topic. It's an inspirational piece.
06/09/15
I could definitely feel your pain - and am so very thankful we have a God who can carry us. I also would love a bit more detail, but I know it is hard to write about what you are in the middle of. Thanks for sharing - and I am praying for you!