It's easy to critique the works of others and get your work critiqued. Just follow the steps below:
1) Post your first piece.
2) You must then critique the work of another member to post another piece yourself.
3) For each critique you give, you earn 1 credit that can be used to post another one of your writings.
4) You can build up credits to be used at another time by giving critiques to others.
Our Daily Devotional
Place it on your site or
receive it daily by email.
TRUST JESUS TODAY
This is an article on being humble. Your comments and thoughts appreciated. Thank you.
On British TV there is a program called ‘The Secret Millionaire’ which is a program about a Millionaire who has been very lucky in life and has made a lot of money from a business He or She has set up and goes onto one of the poorest housing estates in the UK to spend ten days living undercover and then at the end of the project they reveal themselves and give some money to a worthy cause that could really make a difference to someone’s life by giving a financial donation and occasionally employment or work experience in their company.
Ezra Taft Benson said “Pride is concerned with who is right. Humility is concerned with what is right."
The above program shows both doing the right actions and the character of the person putting them into a different light. This program is so inspiring to watch.
• Today is the Lord challenging you to be humble before him or before man about the kind of life He wants for you?
• Do you believe that when you are humble it is then the Lord will raise you up rather than when you are in a place where you are bitter, selfish or boastful? See 1 Peter 5 v 6
• Does being humble mean having nothing or being in a position where God can bless you with much because you are in a position to receive with thankfulness and a right heart?
• Does God want you to be more humble each day from today onwards?
• Do you need to fast or does life have to get rock bottom in order to reveal humility within you?
There are two specific scriptures that we can look at now, there are others which are highlighted below that you may wish to look at in your own time to bless you on what the words says about humility.
Firstly: Philippians 2 - Imitating Christ's Humility “If you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any fellowship with the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose. Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than you”
Secondly: Titus 3 v 1 – 4; Doing what is good “Remind the people to be subject to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready to do whatever is good, to slander no one, to be peaceable and considerate, and to show true humility toward all men. At one time we too were foolish, disobedient, deceived and enslaved by all kinds of passions and pleasures. We lived in malice and envy, being hated and hating one another.
These scriptures give us guidance, hope and direction of how to live in humility but you may wish to look up other passages please go to: James 3:13; Proverbs 11 v 1–3; Proverbs 15:32-33; Matthew 5:5 or Colossians 2:17-19.
Let’s finish by thinking about the quote from Tryon Edwards “True humility is not an abject, grovelling, self-despising spirit; it is but a right estimate of ourselves as God sees us”. Above all this is the most important thing having the right perspective as God would want. God Bless you today friends.
Lord Jesus, humility is one of the gifts you have created for us to receive and please impart this gift within my spirit today.
As I pray for the gift myself my hearts cry is that you would bring other people to a point where this gift is evident in people’s life.
Allow the gift of humility bring out the true goodness of our character that will glorify your name. We ask this in Jesus Name. Amen.
The opinions expressed by authors may not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.