The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 461 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/07/19
Been there. Different ending. You described exactly how it feels. A tear in my eye. Good job.
03/07/19
Been there. Different ending. You described exactly how it feels. A tear in my eye. Good job.
03/07/19
Ahhh... I could feel the breath-stopping heartache of not knowing. I loved the memories and wanted to hear more. The free verse added to the scattered random thoughts. So touching - well done.
So very tender. You captured real emotion in these verses. I loved it all.
This is so tenderly written that I could hardly wait til the end. I was afraid it would end differently and I breathed a sigh of relief that the writer was spared real grief. There is so much love packed into this piece that everyone who reads it will relate in some very personal way to it. Very well done indeed.
03/08/19
Awww, how precious this is! You are blessed to have such love in your life, and you beautifully expressed it here. Well done!
03/08/19
Oh my heart ached then rejoiced at his being okay, what a blessing.

This is something all of us think, I know I do. But, we just pray for the best and enjoy each moment we can...and thank God for His blessings.

Thank you for sharing,

God bless you~
03/08/19
This made me teary-eyed. You brought us into that hospital room with you and showed us your beautiful life together. What a relief there was a happy ending.
03/08/19
Such a lovely poem, very evocative of times past. And I love the ending!
03/09/19
Your title is perfect for this heart-felt poem. I wanted more memories, but the ones you added were exactly what were needed. So glad the outcome was not what we expected.
This is so lovely. I could feel the emotions and the pain of the MC.
03/09/19
Oh, this is quite good. I like it. And glad the ending wasn't what I was expecting.
03/10/19
As a pastor I've been in those hospital rooms where this plays out. You've captured the longing for what was and what could be very well.