The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 799 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/31/14
Great job with this...You had me all the way to the end.

I kind of suspected it really wasn't a person...however, your ending didn't disappoint.

Well done.

God bless~
11/01/14
I love that your response to the fear was to turn to the One and Only who always gives peace. Beautifully written, and I love the mistaken identity of the tall man :)
11/01/14
You are such a descriptive writer -- the details were absorbing. I had no problems staying with the story, wonderful!
11/01/14
I really liked the surprise ending on this one! Good job.
What a wonderful moody picture you painted in this piece. I love the ending!
11/01/14
I have been there, with rain and wind and darkness playing all kinds of tricks with my mind. Even though this was out of your usual genre, you did well. I enjoyed this immensely.
11/02/14
You've done really well with this scary scenario. I like the ending where the man in the back yard turned out to be a shirt on the clothes line. Great writing!
11/05/14
Very descriptive, encroaching tension right through this piece, though I must confess that you ending left me a little hung out to dry....

Good fun trip through your thinking. Well done.
Ooohhh -this is frightfully good . . .
Hugs, Judi
1 Timothy 3:16 KJV
Oh what a delight! I'm reading this in the middle of the night and you gave me the jitters. I totally loved the ending. Brilliant! I think you have a knack for kids' stories as this would be perfect in a YA magazine. It would be good for any age, but I could picture the MC being a teen who was home alone and forgot to do her chores. That's my favorite genre so it's a huge compliment to suggest turning get it into a preteen to young adult story. Congratulations on ranking 13 overall! Happy Dance!