The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1260 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I hope this guy really does become a teacher, then he might view his misdeeds from a different perspective.
The poem is a well written 'tongue-in-cheek' look at the difference in attitudes between youths and adults.

I loved the humour.
08/06/11
Oh, I didn't pick up it was a guy - I thought it was a naughty girl! The teacher was a saint! Enjoyed!
08/06/11
The poor, poor teacher:) Very cute poem. I'm sure he will get paid back eventually. If he doesn't become a teacher, he will surely become a father with one or two just like him! Haha!
08/07/11
Fun, light, easy to read poem that would be great in a book of children's poetry. I really enjoyed it.
08/07/11
This brought back memories of my high school days, because without all of your MC's misdeeds, I also knew I would one day be the same kind of fun-filled teacher that your MC dreams of becoming. Thankfully, God had a better idea for my future.
08/09/11
This is well written and reminds me of some kids in my classes growing up. I wonder, as the 'good kid' in school, whether the 'class clowns' grow out of their mischief or continue down a path of ... well, really it's disrespect for authority? Or maybe I'm just making a fuss over nothing! Either way, it's a great read and very interesting to consider things from the child's perspective! Well done.
08/10/11
I'm sure you must have watching other students in other classrooms, cause this would never happen in yours!
08/10/11
I agree with Joan, I think children would quite enjoy this! Wonder if the MC IS now a teacher and if so, what rules they have! LOL Lighthearted poke at a child’s misunderstanding of rules – that most rules are for good reason. On a serious side, I think too many people take this attitude with God’s rules, never seeing that they are there for our own good. Enjoyed this and the pondering it evoked.