The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1317 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/22/10
Oh, numerous times I have sat in the same seat as your MC. This is our 8th yr of homeschooling and sad to say, there have been too many times I've given surface answers instead of the deepest reason that we homeschool. Good writing!
I've been homeschooled all my life, so I know how you feel. It is so easy to give some of the reasons for homeschooling, without getting to the source of the matter. Thank you for a very good article. :)
Although I don't homeschool my kids, I can empathize with you. It's funny how people always wonder if home-schooled kids are socialized. I live in a rural area and there are no neighbors for my kids to play with. I often think they are more isolated than their home-schooled friends who live in a busy neighborhood play community sports and do group activities with other home-schoolers! Even though you felt you weren't defending your faith the reasons you gave are excellent and your article was a great read.
An interesting slant on the topic with meat-on-the-table to digest. I'm glad for second chances for I too often need them.
10/26/10
I believe that homeschooling is becoming more prevalent in our society and can certainly understand the need for it. I believe it is a calling. When God asks, He will provide what is needed. It is a shame when homeschoolers feel they have to justify their calling.

God bless you for this well written article.