The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1495 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/18/08
Well, I can certainly guess who wrote this:) Nice job and what a message!
09/19/08
Aww...though life can be full of adventures, having chicken pox at ANY age is one adventure I'd want to pass on! That ending packs a punch--and some laughter-- sorry to say.(Not so funny, though, to the one with chicken pox!) Good to see life's unexpected moments with humor!
This is great! I love the conversations with God...especially the adventure question. He truly is the only one who knows to ask the questions each of us need to hear.
I enjoyed this. I love how God asked her the important question.....Did she want security or adventure......How well he knows us. Great job!
The Lord wouldn't entice me with adventure, and I'm not up for chicken pox, but I'll take your caring friend and a good coffee conversation any day.
I've had conversations just like that. Very good read!
10/03/08
Good job presenting the MC's inner voice. Cute that the health problems turned out to be chicken pox, an obvious surprise for the MC. I would have liked to have seen more details regarding the two choices pending weaved throughout the story, eg, more details on what the secure option verses the adventure.