The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1951 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
What a creative story! You had me convinced till the very end that her husband would be arrested for anger. Great job with description. I wouldn't mind having a lemon scented pillow case myself.
08/10/07
Considering the alternatives, jail might not be a bad place to be! Your ending fooled me too! Good job.
This is great. I loved the details and descriptions.

My favorite paragraph:
"The eager young man who had begged her to marry him had aged into a nasty slob who treated his loyal wife like his personal slave. In the name of peace, she had swallowed enough anger over the years to choke a 400-pound gorilla."

So far this is my favorite.

Anger police. Who couldn't use them from time to time? This is so creative. I love the scene you set. I could see the couple; the slovenly man, and even the house in my mind. Well done.
I love your vivid descriptions. You place your reader in the scene. Excellent writing.
08/14/07
Oh, bravo! Love the double meaning of the title, the fact that this doesn't ever go where you expect it to, the perfect characterization. One of my favorites so far.
08/14/07
Very creative idea. The ending had such an unfair but true outcome, but her escape is satisfying. Great article.
08/14/07
Love the double meaning of your title, love the twist, and LOVE the characterization. A GREAT read!
Wow - This was extremely well written. The story intrigued me from the first sentence. Masterfully done.
Congratulations on making EC! This entry deserved it. It was great!
08/16/07
Well written and very deserving of an EC. Congratulations!
This woman could be the perfect heroine of a George MacDonald novel. Excellent, excellent characterization!
I should have added the explanation that though the setting of your story is more contemporary than MacDondald's era, your MC possessed a similar unblemished, self-sacrificial character.

Congratulations Linda on your EC placing!
09/10/08
What a great twist at the end. I was sure she was going to turn her husband in to the Anger Police... I need them myself sometimes!