The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 657 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/17/19
This story makes my blood boil. So sad when a dead beat dad so foolishly neglects his children. My heart goes out to you and your son. God Bless
01/18/19
I like the dialog, and I could picture this young boy waiting. I could kick Stuart in the teeth. A sad story well told.
01/19/19
Oh, you made me tear up. You did an awesome job sharing this moment in time. So very sad. You absolutely nailed the ending.
01/20/19
Well done! I hope the mother stops telling the boy when the father might show up.
01/21/19
Aw my heart lurched at this entry. I've two friends who lived this kind of story...it is heart breaking.

Great writing.

God bless~
01/23/19
Great title, and a touching story told so credibly, with solid characterisation. Should be a winner.
Ahh this broke my heart mainly because I know this is reality for so many kids. I loved how Mom was supportive, honest, but didn't bash Dad. That can be a rare thing especially when you know your kid is hurting so. You did a fantastic job of developing the characters, nailing the topic in a relatable way, and sending a strong Christian message.
You did a nice job of drawing a crystal clear picture. One that should be sent to many a selfish father. Very sad.
01/24/19
Yeah. I wanted to punch Stuart in the face. Loser.