The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 706 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/05/16
Beautifully written.

God bless~
02/08/16
Your story showed the stark reality that life has no guarantees and can completely change at any moment. You asked for comments regarding hopelessness vs. hope. Would adding a more hopeless tone even to the first part of the story help make the contrast of hope sharper at the end? I thought you did a great job, especially considering the 750 word limit.
This was a very interesting take on the topic.
My smidgeon of red ink is that while the MC may have been a ward of the court, it does not compute for me that anyone his dad would have trusted to care for him during ten years of his business travels would not have visited him in the hospital.
You make an important point that those who appear unconscious should never be treated that way. I also like how you transitioned from realistic travels to fanciful ones, which was confusing until you revealed why.
02/08/16
I think you did a wonderful job in so many ways :-) made him think you chose the right direction for your ending, though I was hoping for a bigger punch.

Still, this is a great piece of writing, and I really loved it,
02/10/16
I really love the whole idea of this story. Because I do, I'm going to volunteer a bit of red ink. I do wish you would have worked on the ten year old voice more. I think that would have made the Neverland trip stand out and more obvious. The voice is too adult and contradicts what you are trying to accomplish in my opinion. Believe me, I think the story is good. I just know it could be AWESOME.

Thank you for a good read!

Blessings.
Congratulations on ranking 20th overall. Happy Dance!