The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1127 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Great choice of Bible story for this topic. Nicely done.
02/05/15
I was 'sloth' to draw on humour to comment, but there I go again.
You have captured the essence of the parable very clearly - ironically by presenting a side-story (a parallelable??)
I'm sure that Jesus' choice of words would have been more graphic than the poetic style
of the KJV, so I reckon you have done very well.
02/06/15
Very imaginative and unique take on the topic! So well done! Enjoyed!
Loved your take on the story. Well done!
02/07/15
you nailed it! This was a great story to use with an interesting approach :-) this is a great piece good work
02/07/15
Very well done! I particularly liked the gentle sarcasm. Not too heavy, but still pointed.
I have never considered laziness to be the reason two "upstanding" citizens passed him by. Outstanding entry - your writing is eloquent, and the POV is intriguing and original.
02/08/15
Oh, I like this.

My only "red ink," and it's slight, is that I doubt "to walk by on the other side" would have already become a phrase by the time he wrote this open letter. Perhaps you could have poked even a little more fun at them, and suggested it, though. "All is not lost, however. Perhaps you will forever be remembered with a catch phrase that depicts your indolence."

I love the "open letter" idea. Creative!

I really like the fresh perspective on the Bible story. Made me think!
Congratulations on ranking 25 overall! Happy Dance!