The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1023 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is beautiful. I could almost smell the summer rain. Daffodils are one of my favorite flowers and I enjoyed the reason why they are able the weather the toughest storms. Nicely done.
04/13/13
I live in a tropical place where Spring is not something we experience. Yet, in reading this I felt like I did. Beautiful descriptions! I felt like I was there.
Good descriptive writing--and a good lesson. Spring and winter seem to be in a wrestling match where I live!
04/18/13
Interesting approach to the topic with this descriptive and mesmerizing piece. Nicely done.

God bless~
So enjoyable! Beautifully descriptive - enchanting.
"Embryonic leaves," "shades of green popping like popcorn," -- what beautiful, fun and descriptive imagery. I love this article. I could so see it in something like Guidepost. I love rain, so you had me from the title (which was perfect for this piece), and I loved the conflict within the Mc that you so beautifully created and resolved with your mini devotional. This piece had a little of everything: story-line, poetry, and of course all of the lovely colors with your flowers. Congratulations Lillian on receiving 9th place within your level and a much deserved 12 place over all.
Congratulations on ranking 9th in your level and 12 overall!