The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1062 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/21/11
What awesome lessons to be learned from the game of chess! I had no idea.
01/21/11
Wonderful. I play chess with my son all the time. I will see things differently next game. Any thoughts about the purpose of the "Queen". Thanks again for a thought provoking read.
01/24/11
Oh wow! I was fascinated as each memory was played out in my reading. The emotions were real. Then I absolutely LOVE your lessons from the dad… and how she discovered them, and was able to pass them on to her grandkids.. And she was able to call them "A good memory!" Great work here!
Chess really does teach about life. I loved how you summed it all up in the end. This is a great message.
01/26/11
Even the worst experiences have value in them. Good writing and a good message.
05/22/11
I loved your analogies of how chess relates to the life of believers. They were very insightful and creative.

Ann
08/24/11
Dianne, I'm going to feature this thoughtful piece on the Front Page Showcase for the week of Sept. 23. Look for it on the FaithWriters home page--and congratulations!
09/12/11
Reading this again, Dianne, made me tear up. It's poignant, yet full of promise. I love this.
09/19/11
Fantastic take on chess. WOW! Fantastic take on forgiveness.
02/01/18
Hey Dianne. Feeling bad that I haven't caught up with your writing for a while. Now I can see I've really missed something here.
I really liked this one. Very moving and a clever use of analogy.
More narration to make it more personal perhaps? But you got the message over well in spite of it.
Congrats on being showcased!
02/01/18
Sorry! Not "narration" but "dialog" is what I meant to say!