The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 869 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is the funniest story I've read in a long time. Such an "out-of-the-box" idea for this topic. Delightful!
03/04/10
Oh muy, I mean, Oh my!!! Que hilarioso! You start off with a punch, "the union wasn't sanctioned" and then stepped it up into high gear! LOL about "the monster tick, twice the size of a peso!" Masterful through and through! I love everything about this! Your flag is flying high on this one!!! (I had to google the song lyrics :) (and your muse was awol? ! ? )
03/04/10
...although, I'm about 100% sure you'd never heard of the song, only the phrase, right?
03/05/10
VERY out-of-the-box. And funny.
03/05/10
What I like most about this, besides being masterfully written, witty, smart, smooth, rythmic and easy to read is the bravery and trust that is displayed by its author by not being over-the-top with the message of the piece. Desires unleashed, unguarded, unsafeguarded, can lead to trouble. This demonstrates what happens when Jesus isn't a part of our story, our life. This author demonstrated this through dogs and young adults still in the learning process. (Worry about college tuition). This is a lesson to be learned by all of us. If our story, our life doesn't involve Jesus, then we are in for some trouble that might not be as humorous as the one presented here. I admire the trust this author has in the readers to dig beyond the surface and see the entire picture painted. Bravo, on a job well done.
Very entertaining. You painted a vivid picture, I can't get it out oF my head.
Way to go, amigo. Or is that, amiga? Very enjoyable.
03/08/10
No wonder you always place! This is definenatly out of the box!
03/08/10
I think this would make a great Disney movie. Hilarious and asks the question: Did this really happen? Loved it.
03/08/10
Oh boy did I ever need this laugh! Verna promised me funny and she was RIGHT. Thanks, Lisa. It hit the spot---ahhhh.
03/08/10
OOPS! I hope hinting has started--. I spilled the beans otherwise...eeek.
03/08/10
I'm still chuckling as I write this. Well done. Your masterful touch with the pen has done it yet again!
Witty...Clever...Hilarious. Dos Thumbos Upo!
03/09/10
All in all and no matter how I look at it...I think you're an excellent and wonderful writer. Such a creative, satisfying and fun read. Thank you.
03/09/10
If there was a book with "The Best Humor of FaithWriters", this would be the banner story. Funniest story I've read here, bar none.
03/10/10
Okay, I've GOT to stop laughing and write something now, don't I? Absolutely hilarious... loved every word!
This is hilarious.. absolute riot to read. I love the "who says Eek...", but the whole thing is a bundle of fun!!
03/10/10
This was great! I loved the humor and the banter. You have some great lines..."Senor Lover of Words..."!
03/11/10
An interesting read with a great sense of humor! Thanks for sharing this ... it helps me break away from the rushing pace of life.