The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1521 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/17/09
I found this sweetly entertaining as Josh pondered air conditioning, solar energy, and young love.
07/18/09
Sweet story with an old-fashioned, lyrical rhythm.
07/19/09
You enchanted me with those delightful details such as "...Her braids bounced as she shook her head. They were nearly the same color as Mr Lipkin’s Irish Setters."

How shall I express my evaluation of this entry?

I think I'm going fishing on this sunny summer day, skeeters or not.

Thank you.
07/20/09
I wonder if Josh went on to invent all those things, under the smiling gaze of Beth, in his later days!
07/20/09
Ahh, this was enchanting, in a down home, country kind of way. Great atmosphere and dialogue...loved it!
07/23/09
This was/is way good. Great characterization, reader interest and a super ending. Congrats on a great job! God bless.
07/23/09
Love this entry! I can just imagine the interesting life these two would have...his inventions and her support. Strong writing.
Mona
07/23/09
I enjoyed this lovely, sweet story about blossoming first love! Well done--congratulations!
Congratulations, Shirley, well done. Enjoyed the story immensely.
07/23/09
I can see why you love these characters, Shirley...they just come alive off the page. I'd love to read more! Congratulations!
07/24/09
What? Josh didn't invent RAID? Oh well, sounds like a great guy. That budding romance was a wonderful touch. Well done.
01/21/10
I thought the evolution of thought and emotion was convincing and charming. I wonder at the use of language in the first paragraph compared to later in the article (i.e. the word vestiges, cmpared to a southern rhythmic 'accent').

Love L