The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1627 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/31/08
I think each of us at times is guilty of not finding quality quiet time so when we pray, we can focus. Liked your closing sentence which is a great reminder that God wants our undivided attention in prayer.
08/01/08
Smile..sounds like my prayers.
I think our prayers should be interspersed with our thoughts. "Pray without ceasing."
Thank you for writing this.
08/01/08
This is so true to life. I'm glad God hears and cares about all we say and think, even when we get distracted.
08/02/08
Ah, such honesty! God hears it all and we are forgiven for our distraction. Very well done.
08/05/08
I struggle with this so often. I think the devil loves to get us off on rabbit trails, seemingly innocent, but detracting from our prayers overall. This is insightful indeed.
A convicting, well-written story--a reminder for me to concentrate on God's goodness as I pray.
08/06/08
I liked the message and the interlacing of thought and speech. I was anticipating something more than the one liner in the sigh from heaven at the end and was waiting for a different twist in the events prayed about. Overall, it stood to make the singular point outlined in the title - the title is what got me. I'd recommend using the title within the story repetitiously, I think it'd bring out that sketch a little stronger. Also, a two sentence intro in non-dialogue might set the character up more at the outset. Great material woven into a story that surely finds many that can relate in this busy world. Thanks for the read.
This is oh so true. How many times do I find my mind wandering when I should be focused on the One who makes it all possible. Great job and a well deserved congratulations for your win.
Loren
08/08/08
You've been there haven't you? You wrote this too convincingly. Yep, pray without ceasing. Congratulations on your so deserved EC win!
08/08/08
Nice writing. Your internal thoughts were very realistic and you perfectly touched on the struggle of a wandering mind during prayer, even when we are alone. Congrats of the EC.