The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1220 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/13/07
What an amazing lesson wrapped around a gorgeously masterful story. I love the gull and the shell. Perfect title too, by the way.
09/13/07
Lovely story! The sorrow of the woman mingled with the quiet seashore setting, and then the evidence of God's love for her, gives this entry a serene and poignant feel. Very nice!
09/13/07
This line...The wondrous beauty of its perfection would have remained hidden to us, had it been whole... brought instant tears to my eyes, for many reasons. Thank you, thank you.

Just beautiful--Another gem that shows creative mastery of the language, as well as a tender heart.
God speaking, reaching out to us through His creations. How great is His mercy when we but open our hearts...this piece was just beautiful and stirs the soul.
09/14/07
wow. perfectly built in the way that you take the reader through the various emotions up until the moment that God speaks in the His soft and gentle voice. Thank you for sharing.
Wow, this is wonderful. I love the beach, and you put me right there. What a lovely piece, and a great message, too. Thank you for sharing.
What lovely illustrations of faith, beauty, and relationship. Expertly crafted.
09/17/07
I think the seagull and shell story covers the real one, which is about the beautiful relationship between these two women, mother and daughter. It's about their deep and gentle understanding of one another and the honour accorded each to each. I think daughter tested the idea of living with mother before inviting her to remain, and mother passed the test with flying colours. Thus each expressed complete confidence in the other - enough for a lifetime's commitment! Beautiful
Oh, how beautiful. I can hear the swish and rhythm of the waves. I can smell the salty ocean, and I see the broken, perfect shell in my hand. Masterful writing indeed. Thank you for this gem!
09/18/07
Beautiful imagery and a lovely story. Thank you--I look forward to reading more of your work.
Oh, I like this so much! What a neat, and and important lesson. Great job!
What an AWESOME story. Loved every aspect of it, the words you chose, the bird, the shell and the love you put into this! Great writing no matter how you look at it! Keep up the God inspired writing, it looks good on you:)
What a wonderful mother/daughter relationship here. Private and yet very close.
09/20/07
This to me was a prosepoem.. made that up, but was so poetic in its flow, and description and lesson and love and nature and all good things mingled with the grief of an imperfect world full of tragedy and suffering... WOW... great writing..!
Because of the exquisite descriptions I thought you probably wrote this. You have such a wonderful way with words and the underlying message of our broken Savior and His beauty thus revealed no reader could miss.