The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1869 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
As your MC painted, it was as if I was looking over her shoulder 'seeing' every brush stroke. Gorgeous description!

I did get a little confused in places. At first, I thought the baby in the fourth paragraph was the artist's own. At the very end, I was not certain if she had merely fallen asleep or had died.

But, overall, I thought this story flowed exceptionally well.
08/02/07
Oh my, this is fabulous. I was completely sucked in from the beginning. Great, great job. Love and blessings, Teri
08/02/07
It's as if I was there through those moments in her life.

Well done! ^_^
This is a wonderful story told through the eyes of an artist.
Wow! This is beautiful. I felt the quiet sadness. Great job.
08/03/07
Absolutely captivating and wonderful and masterful and every other synonym for excellent. Just gorgeous. My heart was with this woman from beginning to end. Perfect.
I really like how you "painted" you MC's life story.
08/03/07
Beautiful, You painted the picture with words with the same grace and passion as your MC painted her life story. Good work.
08/04/07
An artist's view of a long lived life. It was like watching a movie as the artist painted. Very unusual and vivid.
Captivating!You had me from beginning to end.
Oh, how beautiful and descriptive. I love this. Very poignant and moving as life is painted through the narrators strokes. Very well done! God bless. Keep up the writing. Janice
08/05/07
Wonderful use of symbolism, and descriptive language without adjective abuse. Incredible for a rushed entry, and evidence of your incredible gift.
08/05/07
I love the use of painting/art as a vehicle for delivering a story. You presnted your message masterfully, as always. Not overdone, just right. Impressed as always. God bless.
08/08/07
A wonderful way of illustrating the events of your MC's life. Nicely done!
Masterful indeed. This captures the very essence of sadness here. I hope you do well. Great job.
Absolutely love this style of writing and you've done it so, so well! I could "picture" everything, including the emotions. Yes, masterfully done!
So uniquely and wonderfully done. I could see the painting clearly. Very good work.
I don't think I've ever read anything exactly like this. I could see each stroke as the painting grew under the 'artist's' hand. Writing and painting are so similar - what a wonderful idea to join the two in a unique masterpiece!