The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1492 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/26/06
What a wonderful story. The one word dialogue gets a little boring after a while, but still, this is a great illustration - I'll never look at a penny the same way again. Good job.
One cent--I love it. Be careful of showing rather than telling, but great story!
Oops, I mean be careful to show rather than tell. ;-) Good story!
10/28/06
I loved this story. Praise God for Grandmas!! God bless.
10/28/06
I like your penny - I've never heard it before. Grandma was very wise. The exchange between the two boys was very well done. An enjoyable read with a message - good job.
10/29/06
Good job.
10/30/06
I love this! When you submit it somewhere--and I hope you do--change "hesitates" to "hesitated". What a wonderful, wise character you created, and the "one cent" is a perfect object lesson. Great job.
10/31/06
I laughed out loud when I understood the significance of the title. But I loved it! An excellent lesson and I enjoyed reading this very much. Thanks for sharing this.
11/01/06
Excellent 'object lesson'... I might need to borrow it sometime... Loved the grandmother and the interaction between her and Felipe.
11/01/06
Thanks for sharing this.
I absolutely love this! It's warm, has a message, and is a fun read. That's everything that makes it a winner in my book. Clever title, too.
Charming story! Felipe is a very vivid character with realistic fears and dreams. Good dialouge too.
I love the idea of the penny! I enjoyed reading this from the beginning and was trying to figure out the lesson the penny held. 'One sent' is an awesome reminder.
11/02/06
Loved the title, Glenn. Pennies will hold new significance for me from now on. Good work.