The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 483 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/14/19
This is so good! I like the way you interweave the thoughts. It's raw and real, like life. It's not easy, but God didn't promise easy. I pray you will discern between what He has given you and what He hasn't. I pray you will experience His abiding care and love and His burden-carrying ability.
06/14/19
Loved your quilt to hot day analogy, and how you wrote about the tears falling.
Such graphic imagery!

I loved tether ball in elementary school and I was decent at it.
Good use of scripture in this dialog with yourself. Nice story also.
06/15/19
This is so honest and so real. I've had my own "stress breakdown" and discovered how true it is that God is our strength. Thanks for sharing this well-written entry!
This is outstanding. Giving up our burdens sounds so easy, but for people like me and your MC, we clutch at them with both hands. I've tears in my eyes. I can't tell you how the Holy Spirit used your words to speak to me right now. Although it's not easy, I'm praying for strength to let go. Thanks for writing this. You've blessed me.
I liked the idea of someone so tired they cannot get themselves to interact with others in a social setting, but still seeks solace in talking to God.

God talks to us no matter when or where we come to him. God is a great listener, and we know his part in the conversation will be to improve our character and soothe our aches and pains.

That said, thought you carried off this conversation successfully as far as drama goes. You kept the conversation pretty much in the range of dialogue even though it is internal. If you hadn't made it feel like a dramatic piece by just relaying thought minus drama, this piece would not have worked so well. Congrats!
06/20/19
Congratulations on your first place win in the Advanced category, Arlene.

You are a gifted writer.
Congratulations on ranking 1st in your level and 13th overall! Happy Dance! This piece really touched me during a difficult week so I'm delighted to see it did so well.