The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 752 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/05/15
Great job with the topic.

Powerfully written this introspective piece filled with authentic tones of pondering one's faith.

Excellent work.

God bless~
03/09/15
I love this! God is always there speaking to us if only we have ears to listen. I like how your MC came to the point where she gave up listening, and then God gently spoke through life all around. We cannot even hear God by our own efforts. Good writing. Blessings, LaVonne
Powerful imagery and wonderful thoughts expressed. Sometimes we forget that Jesus is as close to us as His beautiful creation sings out to us. His Holy Spirit wells up inside of us - all we have to do is look and listen.
03/09/15
I like the honesty of your whole piece, for it reveals God's flexibility - even the fun he has - in gaining our attention when we exhaust all our efforts to get his attention.

A small touch of red ink relates to the conversation with the homeless man, when you mix past and present tenses together. Don't worry though, it's not a capital offence...
I loved this story. The pacing was spot on. You did a great job of setting the atmosphere too. I could feel the heaviness. The only red ink is the mysterious stranger possible angel is often overused. Personally, I'd have liked it more if the homeless man was still there. I do believe God uses angels, but I also believe he sends us love notes through homeless people, neighbors, and the clerk at the grocery. This is a powerful story and definitely one of my favorites this week.
03/12/15
Congrats!
God bless~