The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 627 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/05/14
Thank you for this powerful testimony that will resonate with many people and help in their own journey. You've been refined by this difficult time, and closer to God and loved ones because of it. This is an encouragement to others.
12/08/14
Thank you for writing from a man's perspective. My first marriage left me a broken and empty man after its failure. Fortunately God brought an extra-ordinary Christian woman into my life and allowed me to see my many shortcomings.
Again, it is refreshing to view marriage problems from the husband's side. God bless and thank you.
12/08/14
Your honesty was very touching and your words encouraging. Thank you for giving us a glimpse into the miracle God is working in your life and family.
I love your transparency. I think we have so much in common. I totally understand fear and feeling alone. I can't imagine anyone who doesn't have family problems. Lately, I feel like problems with family have been much like an attack dog.

Personally, I prefer the writer not to address the reader like in the line you may be wondering... There are a couple of reasons that I am not a fan of this. While, many think it is like a personal chat with the reader, I disagree. I wasn't wondering, and by asking that line, I almost felt excluded like you were talking with me at first, but then switched to someone else. The other reason is people who may read it and not understand this is a challenge piece where you need to write on topic. Because the ECs go into an anthology that the public reads, anything that talks about topic or FW will be lost on the general public. Lastly, it makes me wonder if you're questioning it yourself. Have faith in the strength of your words. God gave them to you for a specific reason, and I believe you did just what God needed you to do.

I do think this was an inspirational piece. It reminded me that things can't happen on my timetable because God's is so much better. I also related to how changes can feel little, almost insignificant, yet after a year or so, those little changes turn into one big change. That really encouraged me where I am today. Sometimes, I've discovered that I need to write the challenge piece for others, but many times, like the one I wrote this week, God needed me to write for me. Honestly, there is a moment of disappointment and even berating myself if it didn't do well, but I need to remember that God had a reason for inspiring me into writing it. Your piece reminded me of that too. Thank you.