The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1680 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/16/12
A very complex and well written entry, filled with so many emotions and images. Nicely done. God bless~
08/19/12
Very evocative story with a whole spread of well-drawn emotions, wrapped up in warmth and respect.
08/19/12
Very intricate and unique take on the topic. I love that line "swallowing his pride." Great job.
08/21/12
I absolutely love this entry. I think the way you have written and presented this entry is superb and to add any explanation would take away from its beauty. Wonderful entry... just wonderful!
Beautifully written as poetry--"frost-blanket dawn" my favorite description.
Skillful writing.
It might be good to have swag and swagman definitions at the end of the piece.
Partially on topic--
a most satisfying read!
This is a charming poem. You added a lot of visual pictures for the reader to dine on. Good job.
08/22/12
Very moving and a telling of Americana gone by. Well written and one of my favorites. God bless!
08/23/12
I enjoyed this alot. It really touched my heart as, last year, I too had to travel away from my family to work in two different states for 9 months. I identified with the MC so much ... a sign of excellent writing.
08/23/12
Congrats Ellen...God bless~
08/23/12
Congratulations on your first place! Well Deserved.
08/23/12
Congratulations Ellen. Great poem. Well deserved win.
08/23/12
Good job, Ellen! Yay and congrats!
08/23/12
Congratulations on your win. Excellent work.
I have a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes. A wonderful reminder to be thankful and generous. Congratulations!
08/24/12
This is one of the best poems I have read in a long while! Congratulations! Well
deserved win to say the least! I hope u entered this in some major contests (ie Writers Digest) cause I think it would be a winner there too!!