The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1362 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/27/10
I liked this story. Tiny bit of red ink: The handmaidens didn't use 'comes' to brush her hair, they used 'combs'. Good job
You did a great job alternating between extreme fear and then a bit of peace. It helped draw me into the story and feel the same fears and joys that the MC was experiencing.
08/27/10
I liked this! I tend to think of the story of Queen Esther in a 3rd person way, since that's how it's written in the Bible. But having it in first person makes for a unique read and really drew me in. I liked how she was totally human in her fear, but also calmed by the knowledge of God, Who had brought her to this moment. Excellent!
Good job. You painted a beautiful picture of the Queen. I am in the middle of a study on the book of Esther right now. I really enjoyed this.
I really liked how you showed her anxiety yet her knowledge that she must move ahead and do the thing she feared the most. Well done.
Congratulations for placing in the top 15 of your level and in the top 40 overall.
09/03/10
Wow! I love how you drew us into the story! About the time she said that she would risk her life for her people it clicked in my brain, "Oh, it's Esther!" She's always been one of my favorite Bible characters, and you did a great job of portraying her feelings and thoughts.

Congrats on your placing in the top 15 and top 40!