The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2148 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/06/05
This has got to be one of my favorite pieces! Good job, and keep on writing! You've got talent!
06/06/05
Very interesting - I liked the historicity.
06/07/05
This piece literally leaves me with shivers up my spine and goosebumps on my arms as I read the last line. I love historical fiction at any time, and this piece even beats Brother Cadfael's adventures, for two reasons. First, your writing is just as good as Ellis Peters (who wrote lots of Brother Cadfael books) and second and most importantly, it has a real and meaningful message that strikes a chord in me. Thanks for sharing it with us, your fellow Faithwriters!
Not every day we see the name Ethelred used outside the history books. Thanks for a well crafted journey back in time!
06/08/05
Impressive work here! Congratulations on something so unique and beautifully written.
06/08/05
So very well done. This is an exceptional piece. Thank you.
Excellent in every way. It gave me the chills. Painting the eyes of God, open, in agony, in love with me. Awesome! A very well-written, powerful piece.
That was great! I love the unique angle you took on the topic. I found the part about ‘autem eorum longe est a me.’ a bit confusing--but it was mostly very well written!
06/09/05
A nice historical portrait (pun intended ;) Makes me want to see the painting that was created in your story.
06/10/05
Outstanding. Takes my breath away. May God Bless your talent in every way.
06/10/05
Awesome! I too found the Latin without the translation a break in the flow but it Wowed me overall,especially the end. This is an incredible entry. Loved it!
06/11/05
very very strong. I liked the Latin bit... I think it added texture and believability. A top 8 finisher in my eyes.
06/11/05
Wonderfully written short story. But with your gift and talent it will only be a matter of time when publishers will be requesting novels from you. And I anticipate reading them.
06/11/05
Creative journey back in time. Written beautifully with a wonderful ending that didn't disappoint. Well done.
I agree with Suzanne...every bit as good as Ellis Peters' Cadfael mysteries! Very good research into painting techniques of that time. I thoroughly enjoyed this!
06/11/05
I enjoyed every word. Loved this piece - maybe because I like the Cadfael series also but I loved your ending and could imagine trying to draw and paint His eyes. Well done.
Wow! Great depiction of the ultimate confrontation. . . the Eyes of God. "Every knee shall bow". Thank you, Val -- God has gifted you: keep blessing us with your writing!
Val, I was totally enthralled! Would love to read more of these characters!
It is obvious to me from this excelent piece of literature that you are just as good a reader as you are a writer. Your mind has collected detail and atmosphere which are essential for the transportation of the reader. I was transported. You spent your time well on this one Val.