The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 897 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/12/07
Scary. It has been true in some parts of the world, is still true, and could be true for many of us who presently rejoice in freedom to worship and to express our faith. A well-written reminder to me at least, that there is no time to waste when it comes to Kingdom business. Good job.
The story may be a good read to us but it is reality to many. How do we respond to the Jacobs we know? Thanks for the reminder on the urgency.
10/16/07
This is so vivid and scary. Amazing descriptions. You definitely kept me interested throughout.

Intriguing piece with an excellent message. Very well written.
10/17/07
This was chilling, but a good reminder of how we are blessed to have religious freedom. The way things are going, 40 years from now, who knows?
Such a frightening account of what very well could really happen in free nations. You told it well.
Having visited a country in 2005 where persecution of the saints take place, the reality of this, I know too well. They do not kill them there, but they take their homes and place them in jail in Kazakhstan. You had me on this one for sure.....knowing the reality that even today believers are killed for their faith.
I love the pastor's deep concern for his flock and I thought you did an excellent job of crafting your story.
10/17/07
Griping and masterfully written. Good job.