The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1491 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/09/06
Oh my, this is powerful, and I love your poetic language--No forced rhymes, great meter, and it doesn't read a bit like prose...very well done.
12/10/06
So this is how it is done. Excellent!!! It flowed to perfection and ministered to my heart. I'm very impressed. God bless.
Honesty spoken through the cry of a heart of desire - very powerful. How perfect that you ended with a plea for healing and the realization that transparency before others will begin that process. Very nicely done - deep and penetrating.
I so love your last stanza. I might have titled it The Rage that Reigns Inside. Wow! Deep and awesome. I am not a poetry writer, but clearly you are! Good work, and the only piece I've seen so far on this kind of hidden sin. Blessings, Cheri
12/14/06
I liked it. It reminds that my Pastor is only human and does fail at times. Thank you.
Heartbreaking. It took me a couple of verses to get into the poetry, but once I did I was hooked. I feel so sorry for your MC, but I don't like him! You certainly stirred my emotions with your writing. Well done.
I wanted to add to my comment - about not getting into the poetry - that's because of me not being used to reading poetry! FW is changing that. :) I enjoyed reading this beautiful poem.
12/14/06
This gives new meaning to keeping your eye on Christ, and not on man. Thank you for this honest insight into a life who needs and in the end, wants help. I pray it ministers to those who are hurting their families out there. Christ died for our sins, I pray that they can be repentant and turn the tide of this horrible grievous sin. Bless you for having the courage to write this article, Laurie!
Laurie, you've really reached a true balance of harsh reality in theme and still maintained poetic beauty. Very well done!