The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 630 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This story recounts the experiences of so many people.
Sometimes we have got to be brought to 'that place' before we truly understand the message of redemption.
Thank God for faithful ministers such as Rev Johnson.
07/25/11
An excellent piece that speaks to the heart. If the testimony in this story is a real account, it will serve well for a Christian tract. Even if it is fiction, I think this story can provide a good lead to pre-believers in showing them what our Lord can do for them, even if think they are hopeless or beyond saving.
07/25/11
I HATE drugs, I think it is one of the most useful tools of Satan used today, as it dulls the conscious and conviction and if it doesn’t bring physical death it certainly brings emotional death and death to sound reason! And few families are untouched today, mine included, as a loved one is pulled deeper and the drug (s) become their reason for living. I have to ask myself too, WHY are we losing the war on drugs, especially with our youth, when Jesus is the answer? Are we Christians and the churches failing to show in a positive way, they can live for something better than drugs?

This story is very realistic and praise God a Rev Johnson came alone to introduce him to Jesus before it was too late...sadly this is not always the case! Maybe we need a lot more Rev Johnsons out there... certainly a lot more prayer to stop this tool of Satan from getting even worse! Well done story and I agree with Edmond, this would make a good tract.
07/27/11
Normally I would give little attention to a solid mass of print with no paragraph breaks. But this one drew me in, as it opened up more and more of your MC's sense of futility. Your relentless pacing overcomes the natural reluctance of a reader to tackle the work, but that applies to the FW family. To reach the open market you would need to provide some breathing spaces.
07/28/11
Please double space between your paragraphs, because your writing is worth reading. This is a giant truth of a story and I love how you ended it with a reminder that God does wait to hear those words from us! Thanks for an excellent read.