The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1553 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/05/05
Wow! I needed to read this! What a beautiful analogy - I'm going to buy a postcard and keep it in my Bible as a reminder.
love it! The Bible readings are indeed handled that way sometimes- we need to think of them as a treasured collection to be appreciated time and again.
09/05/05
So true, when we went through my parents things, my wife discovered the collection of cards my mother kept, from the years of my travels - good and bad, a story saved on the back of a picture.
It warmed my heart. Well done!
09/06/05
Yes, what a great analogy. Made me think.
09/07/05
This is a GREAT article. Thanks for reminding me to slow down and experience what God wants me to learn.
09/07/05
Thank you for a new thought. Nicely written!
09/08/05
A great way to remind us to not mindlessly read God's Word but need God's Word.
09/11/05
I like this a lot--especially the fact that you admitted to being nosy and reading the postcards (I'd have done that, too). Very good spiritual application, not too heavy-handed. The only thing I'd change is in the first sentence: you don't need both "old" and "antique." Nice work!