The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1013 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I like this. Although some of the characters mentioned are part of a larger story, this entry stands on its own. I love the little touch of humour with “But why orange, like flames?”

“I do not know,” said Meriah, “Perhaps it is a flaming mystery,” she finished, ushering both women into laughter.


Good writing, well done.
12/01/09
Excellent story-telling at its best. Well done!
12/02/09
I really like the relationship portrayed between your two characters.

I was a bit unbalanced trying to grasp your setting (both time and place)--needed a bit more to further establish it.

Very well-done dialogue.
I am always amazed at how you are able to create so many different stories and characters and seamlessly integrate them into one larger world and story. This was uniquley different than much of your other stuff I have read, but at the same time it stays true to the spirit of your other works. Great job, my friend!
Congratulations Mick, 14th in Advanced, and 35th overall. You're consistently doing well.
12/06/09
Overall good, I couldn't understand the word used "yelped" for the daughter if she was just cutting cloth.