The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 884 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/16/09
Oooh, bad Gene, bad!

Great details in the writing.
10/16/09
Hilarious! I didn't see it coming. Only suggestion would be to leave more spacing between some of the dialogue. Wish the word count was longer so we could have seen her reaction at the staff meeting.
I enjoyed the details and clear pictures in your story. I, too, wish word limits did not rush us sometimes. I did not really know what to feel at the end. Thanks for your interesting characters.
That was mean! But so delightful to read! I was all set to get a lump in my throat & instead got a LOL. I love a good surprise ending.
10/19/09
I enjoyed this. I worked for many years in Psychiatric units and have seen lots of doctor newbies quaking in their shoes. You described it well, and also the lovable rogue who terrified her. Because of the limited word count perhaps it reads better if you've been on the inside, so to speak! Well done!
You gotta love rookie hazing. Good times. Of course, Gene will probably get his at a later juncture.

Well laid out story, with a fun twist at the end. Nicely done.
10/21/09
That was a wonderful story. I loved the ending. I really didn't see that one coming.