The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1284 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Very attention gripping! Although I have never experienced the death of anyone close it sounds the truest I've ever heard.
10/09/09
Have you been peeking into my soul?

Every word here reverberated. Excellent!
10/09/09
Your poetic prose flows so beautifully even though it deals with a subject most would not put into the category of "beautiful." Your use of sensory imagery is very good. I could see a "grief counselor" using this piece.
10/12/09
The pacing of this story is masterfully done, as is the handling of the subject. It reads like poetry and resonates like a psalm. Excellent.
10/14/09
Wow. Tremendously heart-stirring piece. Fabulous work!
10/14/09
I had to do more than just read this one...I had to sit still and consume it. Each line is so full of wonder and ache. Only a person who has lived depths of loss could put these words down.

Mona
Having experienced a boatload of grief in recent years, this piece touched my heart so much. You beautifully expressed what I have so often experienced - the power of music and praise to push back the darkness that can overwhelm and disable us. I do hope you find a venue for this - it needs to be shared with anyone who has gone through this kind of loss. Bless you!
10/16/09
Thank you. Your experience penned through the descriptive words of your soul, touched the many colors in my soul. Blessings.