The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1470 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/15/05
Your children must be very informed.(: Good story, kept my attention and a smile on my face.
08/16/05
(laughs) This was a very interesting and never-before-read-or-heard-of story. You had me laughing through the entire thing. (Get this published in a ladies's magazine -- or an architectural magazine...)
Very funny essay - and as a man - I can completely relate. My father used to bore us to tears on trips, but he meant well. I'm sure I do the same thing to my kids.
Excellent writing! As the wife of an enginner for the past 33 years, I can really relate!!
08/17/05
Fun and well written! Great work.
This is terrific. And I learned some things along the way. I really enjoyed this read. Thanks!
Would you believe we have a grown son who does this to us?! He has always been the one to ask questions, but NOW he's the one who dissects everything from a very technical point of view! :-)
This was an enjoyable read.
08/19/05
How fun! Your story is so different and refreshing and one that many of us married girls can relate to in one way or the other.
08/19/05
Great!!!! loved this!
08/19/05
Cool! Now I know what I missed by not going on family vacations!
Oh, this was WAY too funny! I loved the opening joke! As a homeschooling mother I find myself trying to micro-explain things to my children (students) when they ask questions. Then I find that they have lost interest because the answer is way too detailed for them! Similar? Yes? Made me think!!
This is a well structured article. From the title to the wrap up. You kept a consistent balance of humor and maintained a good pace. This would fit nicely in a Christian magazine. Great work and a well deserved win!
10/24/05
Hi Kathleen. I'm just preparing the new FaithWriters' Anthology and need a short (two to three sentences) bio piece to include in a new section for the book - "Meet Our Authors." The bio notes need to be written in the third person. Could you please send it to me via a Private Message? Thanks so much. Love, Deb (Challenge Coordinator)