The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1136 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Wow. I was excited just to read your entry because of the title. Your story was riveting, and left me wondering about the next chapter.
03/14/09
Since I have a love of pirates your title dragged me in. The story was well written, and kept me entranced throughout. I could feel the hostility building between these two characters
03/16/09
I loved how the first and last paragraphs tied everything together. This was a very creative story. Good job.
Well done! I liked "the fuzzy flavour of grief was supplanted by the bitter taste of hate." Great description.
03/18/09
You are a very good story-teller. Well written piece.
What an exciting story. I enjoyed your story very much, really wish I could create plots like that.
03/18/09
What an awesome scene! Your descriptions really brought the characters to life for me. The ending gave me a hint of more to come? :) It does seem like a chapter in a book.
Great writing.
03/19/09
This did not seem finished to me, but more like the back of the book or an outline for a really good novel.

You mention "forgiveness seemed unthinkable" in the first paragraph. I kept looking for the unthinkable to happen as part.

You did a great job of keeping this reader engaged in the story.
I wanted more after getting to the end! I'd love to see this turned into an expanded story. I can tell that you do your research and know your stuff when you sit down to write.

What happens next between the two men? I'd love to know!
07/08/09
This reads like something from a Wilbur Smith novel with its theme of feuding companions on the high seas. Engaging and intriguing